By Myrtle A. Davis
Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore. Discusses laser scanning cytometry for the research of apoptosis, tissue-based tools of quantification for experiences utilizing animal versions, and practical assays and ELISA recommendations. DNLM: Apoptosis--physiology.
Read or Download Apoptosis Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology: Approaches to Measurement and Quantification PDF
Similar toxicology books
Whereas an ever-present and widely used toxin, carbon monoxide (CO) continues to be the number 1 poison in our environment. This silent killer is chargeable for over 2,000 deaths a yr within the usa on my own. the general public and healthcare groups desire caliber information regarding the various hazards provided by means of carbon monoxide publicity.
Offers, for the 1st time in a single quantity, a concise therapy of labeling within the chemical undefined. This guide has been designed to supply an in-depth overview of, and to behave as a resource for, the key parts of a dangerous label conversation programùto serve the wishes of work, undefined, and the general public.
The speedily evolving box of nanomedicine refers back to the medical program of nanotechnologies. even though, as with every new applied sciences, there are moral, security, and regulatory concerns. This guide, written via best overseas specialists, presents a meticulous assessment of the state-of-the-art of defense overview of nanomaterials (nanotoxicology) within the context in their program in nanomedicine.
Chemicals, actual brokers and equipped constructions express numerous different types of danger as a result of their inherent poisonous, mutagenic, carcinogenic, reprotoxic and sensitizing personality or harmful to the immune and hormone approach. the 1st steps in coping with an atmosphere infected by way of chemical compounds are characterization of dangers and quantification in their hazards.
- Proctor & Hughes' chemical hazards of the workplace
- Reproductive and developmental toxicology
- Toxicological Risk Assessment of Chemicals: A Practical Guide
- Genomic Biomarkers for Pharmaceutical Development. Advancing Personalized Health Care
- The Design of Air Quality Monitoring Networks
- Handbook of Chemical Risk Assessment: Health Hazards to Humans, Plants, and Animals, Three Volume Set
Additional info for Apoptosis Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology: Approaches to Measurement and Quantification
3. ATTACHMENT OF CELLS TO MICROSCOPE SLIDES FOR ANALYSIS BY LSC Many assays of apoptosis by LSC are performed on fixed cells. For these assays the cells are attached to microscope slides by standard methods that include smear films, tissue sections, “touch” preparations from freshly transected tissues, or cytocentrifuging cell suspensions. Cytocentrifugation (see below) is often preferred over “touch” or smear preparations because it flattens cells on the slides so that their geometry is favorable, and therefore more morphological details can be revealed.
138(2), 449–469. 17. , Wei, M. , and Korsmeyer, S. J. (1998) Enforced dimerization of BAX results in its translocation, mitochondrial dysfunction and apoptosis. EMBO J. 17(14), 3878–3885. 18. , Deveraux, Q. , Tsien, R. , and Reed, J. C. (2000) Changes in intramitochondrial and cytosolic pH: early events that modulate caspase activation during apoptosis. Nat. Cell Biol. 2(6), 318–325. 19. Saraste, M. (1999). Oxidative phosphorylation at the fin de siecle. Science 283(5407), 1488–1493. 20. Haugland, R.
Hink, M. , and Jovin, T. M. (1998) Fluorescence correlation microscopy of cells in the presence of autofluorescence. Biophys. J. 75(5), 2547–2557. 78. , and Webb, W. W. (1999) Molecular dynamics in living cells observed by fluorescence correlation spectroscopy with one- and two-photon excitation. Biophys. J. 77(4), 2251–2265. 79. , and Webb, W. W. (1999) Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy with single-molecule sensitivity on cell and model membranes. Cytometry 36(3), 176–182. 80. , et al. (1999) Imaging protein kinase Calpha activation in cells.