By Keith Makan, Scott Alexander-Bown
Just obtained .mobi from packtpub web site. It opened instantly in Calibre so i guess there's no DRM. remark if there is.
functional recipes to delve into Android's safety mechanisms via troubleshooting universal vulnerabilities in purposes and Android OS versions
• examine the safety of Android functions and units, and take advantage of universal vulnerabilities in purposes and Android working systems
• strengthen customized vulnerability review instruments utilizing the Drozer Android safety evaluate Framework
• Reverse-engineer Android purposes for safety vulnerabilities
• shield your Android program with modern hardening techniques
Android safety Cookbook discusses many universal vulnerabilities and protection similar shortcomings in Android purposes and working platforms. The publication breaks down and enumerates the procedures used to use and remediate those vulnerabilities within the kind of targeted recipes and walkthroughs.
The ebook additionally teaches readers to exploit an Android defense review Framework known as Drozer and the way to increase plugins to customise the framework.
Other themes lined contain easy methods to reverse-engineer Android purposes to discover universal vulnerabilities, and the way to discover universal reminiscence corruption vulnerabilities on ARM units. when it comes to software defense this booklet will convey quite a few hardening suggestions to guard software parts, the information saved, safe networking. In precis, Android safety Cookbook offers a pragmatic research into many parts of Android software and working method defense and offers the
What you are going to research from this book
• organize the Android improvement instruments and frameworks
• have interaction in program safeguard concepts
• Use the Drozer Android protection evaluation Framework
• customise and strengthen your individual plugins for the Drozer Framework
• make the most, enumerate, and research universal program point exploits
• guard purposes from universal vulnerabilities and exploits
• Reverse-engineer functions for universal code point vulnerabilities
• safe software networking, SSL/TLS
• Encryption to guard program data
"Android safety Cookbook' breaks down and enumerates the procedures used to use and remediate Android app safeguard vulnerabilities within the kind of precise recipes and walkthroughs.
Who this e-book is written for
"Android safety Cookbook" is geared toward an individual who's considering Android app safeguard and desires so as to take the required useful measures to guard themselves; which means Android program builders, defense researchers and analysts, penetration testers, and customarily any CIO, CTO, or IT managers dealing with the impeding onslaught of cellular units within the enterprise atmosphere will take advantage of analyzing this book.
Read Online or Download Android Security Cookbook PDF
Best security books
"If your task calls for investigating compromised home windows hosts, you need to learn home windows Forensic research. " -Richard Bejtlich, Coauthor of actual electronic Forensics and Amazon. com most sensible 500 booklet Reviewer
"The Registry research bankruptcy by myself is well worth the cost of the booklet. " -Troy Larson, Senior Forensic Investigator of Microsoft's IT defense workforce "I additionally stumbled on that the complete booklet might have been written on simply registry forensics. although, with the intention to create wide attraction, the registry part used to be most likely shortened. you could inform Harlan has much more to inform. " -Rob Lee, teacher and Fellow on the SANS know-how Institute, coauthor of understand Your Enemy: studying approximately protection Threats, 2E
Author Harlan Carvey has introduced his best-selling e-book up to date to provide you: the responder, examiner, or analyst the must-have software package in your task. home windows is the most important working process on pcs and servers around the globe, which suggest extra intrusions, malware infections, and cybercrime occur on those structures. home windows Forensic research DVD Toolkit, 2E covers either stay and autopsy reaction assortment and research methodologies, addressing fabric that's acceptable to legislation enforcement, the government, scholars, and specialists. The booklet can be available to procedure directors, who're usually the frontline while an incident happens, yet as a result of staffing and finances constraints wouldn't have the mandatory wisdom to reply successfully. The book’s better half fabric, now to be had on-line, comprises major new and up to date fabrics (movies, spreadsheet, code, and so on. ) no longer to be had anywhere else, simply because they're created and maintained through the author.
Best-Selling home windows electronic Forensic publication thoroughly up-to-date during this 2d Edition
Learn the way to learn information in the course of dwell and autopsy Investigations
Hackers pay attention begins with a roadmap of some of the parts of hacking yet speedy delves into the main points of ways particular assaults paintings and the way to guard opposed to them. considering the fact that such a lot assaults we pay attention approximately both happen or are appeared to come from hackers, everyone is very "in how they do this" - the ideas hackers use to wreck into platforms.
If you happen to don’t hack your platforms, who will? one of many purposes I placed this booklet venture jointly is that i think safeguard execs might be hackers. hence, via hackers, I suggest people who find themselves in a position to defeating security features. This e-book purports to educate humans tips on how to be hackers. in truth, most people who purchase this publication will achieve this simply because they wish to guard their very own structures and people in their enterprise.
This publication makes an attempt to research the heritage, ideology, association, exploits, and political motivations of the chinese language hacker community. each time attainable, the knowledge contained herein has been taken without delay from the chinese language hacker association itself or from interviews with person individuals.
- firewalls and networks - how to hack into remote
- Political Islam and Governance in Bangladesh
- Role-Based Access Control, Second Edition
- Future Challenges in Security and Privacy for Academia and Industry: 26th IFIP TC 11 International Information Security Conference, SEC 2011, Lucerne, Switzerland, June 7-9, 2011. Proceedings
- CCNP ISCW Official Exam Certification Guide
Additional resources for Android Security Cookbook
Id=100051. Chapter 2: IP Addressing and Other TCP/IP Basics Understanding IP Addresses When you administer a firewall, you have to define rules about what network traffic is allowed to pass through the firewall. Often, these rules are based on IP addresses. 7, you may want to create a rule that allows network traffic to that Web server. In order to use IP addresses, you should understand at least the basics of how they work. Understanding how they work is much easier when you understand a little about binary math because that’s what computers use when analyzing IP addresses.
139. Your computer forwards each network packet to the next router, which is normally a computer that your ISP (Internet Service Provider) has set up. You probably configured this router as your computer’s default gateway. This router then forwards the packets to one or more routers on the 31 32 Part I: Introducing Firewall Basics Internet until it arrives at a router that is attached to the same network segment as the computer that runs the Dummies Web site. The routers use the network address portion of the IP address to get the packets there.
This is the IP address, which we cover in more detail in the next chapter. Some types of connections, such as dial-up modem connections, give your computer a new network address each time that you connect, which is referred to as a dynamic address. Dynamic addresses make it difficult for a hacker to initiate any extended effort to break into your computer. Because your computer doesn’t use the same address for a long time, it’s like a moving target for hackers. Some Internet connections use static addresses.